Sunday, March 9, 2014

Online shopping in Abidjan

I am starting to adjust to life in Attiekeland, but the thing I really miss is shopping.  No kind of shopping is immune.  I miss farmer's markets, Craigslist, and online shopping.  I know I am being shallow, but I refuse to apologize for my lack of depth!
Facebook has realized that I both miss shopping and now live in Attiekeland and decided to come to the rescue with an ad for Jumia!  
I was skeptical at first but after doing a bit of research, it looks like www.jumia.ci is legit.  The platform exists in a number of African countries and is owned by Rocket Internet, a German e-commerce giant that owns Zalando.  The Ivorian office is even hiring (http://www.jumia.ci/carrieres/).
I haven't ordered anything yet, but I saw decent prices for refrigerators, and other appliances.  I am not 100% sure how it works yet, but I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out...



6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this excellent info! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, awesome site! Keep it up! I will be difinatley be coming back in the near future =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    online shopping

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things you pay for one maid and housekeeper would have a lot about whether she’s that have an agency and not. Independent internal helpers is a great cut price, but the application pays to comprehend the downfalls. Independent workforce are infrequently bonded and even don’t bear workers’ salary insurance. cleaning service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and amazing post here. I really like it very much. I am very glad and very impressed to read your work. I appreciate your written style. I hope people will like this site 192.168.l.l about 192.168.1.1

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment