Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Every little cent counts... ECO+ card

Things have been a bit busy at work, so I've been falling asleep at the switch and blogging less.
As things begin to settle down a bit more for me, I have come to realize certain things:
  • It looks like I have found a permanent house (more on that once I have something rock solid).
  • I am starting to feel like I live here.
  • taxis suck: they are hot, smelly, the seats can be wet, and you will arrive feeling flustered and like you could use a shower.  Basically, I really want a car
  • I am starting to get interesting tips on how to save money in Abidjan.
I was so happy about this money saving tip, I knew I had to share it with you guys. So here goes:


Meet the ECO+ card.  This little card, which I hope to purchase tomorrow, will give me discounts to a bunch of places I already go to.  The best deals I saw were:
20% off of hotel rooms at the Hotel Emlys (apparently it's a decent place in 2 Plateaux), 15% off all purchases at Foire de Chine ( a store in Treichville that sells everything, including furniture and appliances), 20% off of car parts at SKPA ( a garage in Zone 4), 10% off of the final bill at Mix nightclub, 15% off at Montana.
All in all, since the card only costs 5 000 francs, it looks worth it to me.  I eat at a bunch of the places listed: Montana, Norima, Saakan, and any discount I can get would be more than welcome...

 



2 comments:

  1. Interesting articles, I would be more would like to get more informed especially on the car issue when you decide to shop for one you can share your experience as you always have. Specifically what it he rule on RHD cars are there any people maybe expats using RHD cars there and what are the rules like on importing RHD cars.

    Have a nice week end.
    AM

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment